“Company” means Carnations Events
“Client” refers to the person names as the hirer on the invoice
“Guest” means any person using the equipment during the hire period
“Equipment” refers to the items and materials provided by the company to the client during the period of hire
Unless stated in writing all orders are accepted subject to the Terms and Conditions of Hiring stated below and the Client by authorising or allowing work to proceed is deemed to have acknowledged this.
A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required to confirm your hire booking in addition to a completed Booking Form. The deposit will be deducted from the final invoice. The total amount will be due 14 days prior to the start date of the hire period. If you fail to pay in full by 14 days and have not cancelled your booking with us in writing you will be liable for the full amount. Payments can be made via bank transfer.
3. Cancellations and Amendments
All cancellations must be in writing. If you cancel more than 30 days before the agreed hire date you will receive a full refund, minus the £50 non-refundable deposit. If you cancel within 30 and 7 days before the agreed hire date you will receive 50% of the full hire charge back. If you cancel 14 days or less prior to the agreed hire date there will be no refund. Amendments to orders can only be made before the final instalment is paid. The balance outstanding will be modified and a revised invoice issued. Once we have received full payment you may still make amendments however we will not be able to refund you any differences. If you wish to add more items costing more than originally invoiced, an additional invoice will be issued. You can add new items to your booking right up until the week of your hire period subject to availability.
4. Refundable Security Deposit
A security deposit will be required no later than 48hrs before the hire commences and no earlier than 4 months prior to your event. Deposits can be made by bank transfer. On some occasions we can accept cash but this must be agreed beforehand. The security deposit amount will be decided depending on the items hired. This will be agreed in the invoice but it is usually £50. If the cost of repairing/replacing items comes to less than the security deposit then a bank transfer will be made refunding you the difference within 30 days of the hire period ending. If the security deposit does not cover the cost of any repairs/replacements then an invoice will be issued for the outstanding amount and the hirer will have 14 days in which to pay.
5. Items for hire
When items are delivered it is your responsibility to check items and sign the Hire Contract to say you are satisfied with the items received and that all components are present. Items are the sole responsibility of the client while on hire. Unattended items remain the responsibility of the client during the hire period. You will be liable to replace them with like for like if they are lost, damaged or stolen. All items are risk assessed and assessed before and after hire. We take no responsibility for any injury or damage our items may cause to persons, objects or premises while the items are signed out to you. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury to users or damage to the Equipment (which includes all items supplied by Carnations Events).
No items must be altered in any way. If we find an amendment has been made we will regard that item as broken and you will be liable to charges. Breakages will be charged at the full retail cost of replacement. If an item is damaged so it is no longer able to be hired it will be classed as broken. In the instance where an item is made up of a number of individual pieces and one of those pieces is broken or lost, the cost of replacing that item will be required. You will be informed of this cost within 7 days after the event. If, for circumstances beyond our control, an item you have hired is no longer available we will inform you and try to match your item like for like. If you are unhappy with our choice a refund for that item will be made to you.
6. Hire Period
All items will be hired out for a period of up to 48hrs unless otherwise agreed in writing. This period commences when items are signed out by you until signed back in by us. If you have contacted us to tell us you cannot return the items on time we charge 50% of the full hire cost for every additional 24 hours that the items remain signed out to you. If you have not contacted us we will charge 100% of the hire cost for every additional 24 hours the items are signed out to you.
The Company shall not be liable to the Client for any delay, poor or non-performance of the terms of this hire that result from forces of nature such as weather conditions, including high winds, flood, storm, nor any other situation that causes health or safety concerns for the employees of the Company. Should such forces of nature cause the assembling of the Equipment not to occur at the commencement of the period of hire, the Company shall determine whether it is appropriate to set up the Equipment at any later stage during the duration of the period of hire. Should the Company determine that set up is not appropriate for any reason, the agreement will be terminated, the deposit refunded to the Client and the Client agrees to have no additional claim against the Company. The Client agrees that any costs reasonably incurred in the attempt to assemble the Equipment will be payable to the Company.
7. The Company Agrees to:
- Provide the equipment for use by the Client and their Guests at the agreed site for the period of hire, as set out on the invoice.
- To deliver and setup the equipment on or before the setup date shown on the hire contract.
- To dismantle and remove the equipment from the site on or after the date shown on the hire contract.
- Provide the equipment in good working order.
8. The Client Agrees to:
- To pay the deposit and to pay the balance in accordance with the Invoice. Carnations reserves the right not to provide the Equipment should payment not be received.
- To provide Carnations with either a description or plan showing the position in which the Equipment is to be erected and any apparent obstacles or to make available a representative on the site for that purpose.
- Not to enter the Equipment whilst it is being erected or dismantled by Carnations. Tampering is strictly forbidden of any equipment/products at any time by children.
- Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without the Carnations prior written consent.
- No face paint, party poppers, confetti, coloured streamers to be used on or near the equipment. No smoking near the equipment and keep all products/goods away from fire and candles.
- Carnations equipment is recommended for children over the age of 5, however children under 7 should be supervised at all the times. We are not responsible at any point, for the welfare of the children at the parties, which remains the full responsibility of the Hirer.
- Always ensure the equipment is in a safe and secure location and ensure no-one tampers with the equipment. Ensure users are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in such a manner as to risk injury or cause distress to others, or damage the equipment.
- Where, for administrative convenience, the Hirer or his agent is requested by the Supplier to sign a Contract before the goods are handed over, the hirer or his agent agrees to examine the goods at the time of physical hand-over, and the effect of such signature will not become operative until immediately after the physical handover.
- Obtain all necessary permits and/or licences from any Government as necessary for the duration of the period of hire. Any and all costs associated with obtaining such permits will be payable by the Client. Should any delay or cancellation of the hire occur in relation to such permits, all fees or other associated expenses will be payable by the Client. Requirements for such permits and/or licences must be notified to the Company in writing no less than 30 days prior to the set up date. In the event these requirements delay or result in the Company being unable to perform its obligations, the Company shall notify the Client and the agreement shall be deemed void.
9. The Equipment
- The Client agrees not to use any electrical equipment included but not limited to lighting, appliances, cooking or other decorative electrical items, without written consent being received from the Company. Such consent must be requested prior to the commencement of the period of hire.
- The Client agrees not to use any naked flame in, or within four (4) metres of the Equipment.
- The Client agrees to immediately report any theft of the Equipment to the local Police Service and to the Company.
- The Client agrees to use the Equipment for purposes only that accord with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the site is located.
- The Client agrees not to deface or tamper with the Equipment including, but not limited to, affixing any object to the Equipment.
- The Client agrees no smoking is permitted within four (4) metres of the Equipment.
- The Client agrees not to remove the Equipment, or any part thereof, from the agreed site at any time.
- The Client agrees that all Equipment is vacated by the departure time provided in writing by the Company.
- The Company reserves its right to inspect the Equipment at any time for the duration of the rental period. Should there be any damage sustained to the Equipment, or any other breach of these Terms by the Client, the Company reserves the right to remove the Equipment from the site without notice to the Client.
- The Client should never presume that any other equipment is included in the Hire other than what is stated in the Company’s booking forms and related website, specific to their booking.
10. Delivery and collection by us
When we deliver items we unload them from our vehicle to a designated area discussed on arrival. We will collect and pack away all hired items on arrival and will also provide plastic storage for any used crockery to be placed into. In the event of bad weather we would ask, if you can, to move any damageable items into a secure location, for example, any cushions, blankets and décor such as vases and lights. We must have a name and at least two contact numbers for the person who will be signing for the items at least 7 days prior to the delivery date. If that person will not be present when the items are returned to us, they must provide a name, address and a contact number of the person who will be present. We will arrange to collect the items at a mutually agreed time within the maximum 48-hour hire period. Please ensure all items are ready to be collected and in their designated collection point. Most of our furniture is solid wood, large and heavy and takes time to unload and load. If there are any restrictions or obstacles like parking, steps, stairs or lifts to negotiate please let us know as this can affect our timings. If you haven’t warned us in advance and we incur significant delays you may be charged.
11. Refusal and sub hire
We have the right to refuse to hire our items to anyone we feel will misuse items or who will be running an event that goes against our ethos. Under no circumstances can you sub hire our items.
Images of our items are for private use only. If items will be featured in any promotion or publication you must first receive written permission by us. We may wish to take photographs of your event for our own marketing purposes. We will ask permission first and you have the right to refuse.
All complaints must be in writing and will be responded to within 30 days.
All personal details of customers will be kept securely for no longer than one year following the date of your event. They will not be passed on to any other party.
All wording and images on our website and social media is Copyright to Carnations Events.